In the default setting, you have only one category set up: an adult person. However, other categories of guests can be added, such as a child under 12 years, seniors over 70 years old, or VIP guest. For each category you can set several specifications that will be discussed below.
Set the default guest category with the settings button on the right above the guest category table. If the default category is e.g. Adult, this means that when creating a new booking in the Booking Calendar (or a client books by means of a booking form), this category is automatically set for all guests in the bookings.
You can add a new guest category via the green plus button left above the table. A window for defining the new guest category opens, where you can set the following parameters:
- Guest category name – Fill in the category name that will be displayed to clients. Add language versions with the flag button.
- Discount – % of discount for the guest category. Discount calculations are determined by the settings in the Pricelist.
- Order – The order of display of the given category for clients in the second step of the booking form
- Display on the website – If YES is selected, a client can choose this category in the booking form. If NO is selected, a client cannot select this category and it is purely for your internal use in the Reservation Calendar, e.g. permanent guest with a 30% discount.
- Category type – More detailed breakdown of guest categories into different types (e.g. for foreign police records etc.)
- Age range – Here you set the age range for your guest category; in the future. Using this parameter the system will automatically match the right category to the guest age according to the given date of birth.
When combining “Display on the website” and the age range, the age categories must not overlap, in such a case, Previo gives you a warning.
- Without bed – a special category for guests, which can be added to a booking even if the number of guests exceeds the maximum capacity of the room. Such guests are highlighted in red on the room’s account.
There can be some guest categories which do not pay accommodation tax. For these you need to set an exception in accommodation tax settings.